手机拍照功能已不逊相机

发布时间:2013-11-27 12:21    发布者:1770309616
关键词: 手机 , 相机
Cameras Succumb to Smartphone Juggernaut手机拍照功能已不逊相机
Smartphone cameras traditionally have been better in theory than reality.
智能手机的拍照功能历来是“理论美过现实”。

Start with the shutter lag: Nearly every phone camera I've ever used has had an annoying split-second delay between the time you hit the button and the time the shot gets snapped.
首先说一说快门时滞问题:我用过的几乎所有的手机摄像头都有一个令人不快的问题,那就是按下快门后,需要隔零点几秒的时间照片才会拍下来。

The lag is just long enough for your kid's adorable smile to turn into a nightmarish frown.
但就在这短短的一瞬间里,你的孩子灿烂的笑容可能就变成了可怕的皱眉。

Then there's the DMV-like photo quality. When you reach for your phone to take a picture, you're almost always settling for a less-than-stellar image.
然后再说说如同车管所现场拍摄驾驶证照片时的成像质量。当你用手机拍照时,你几乎总是不得不接受质量不是很高的照片。

Even late-model, high-end phones like Apple Inc.'s iPhone 5 and Samsung Electronics Co.'s Galaxy S4 were just good enough as cameras.
即便是像苹果(Apple Inc.) iPhone 5和三星电子(Samsung Electronics Co.) Galaxy S4这样的最新款高端手机,其成像质量也只能说是差强人意。

But suddenly, with Apple's iPhone 5s, all that has changed. I've taken it on an international vacation, to a wedding, to a water park, trick-or-treating and to a couple of parties.
但突然之间,随着苹果iPhone 5s的推出,情况发生了变化。我曾带着这款手机到国外度假,参加婚礼,去水上乐园游玩,万 节拍摄孩子们“不给糖就捣乱”的画面,还参加了几个派对。

The other day I realized something amazing: While I carried a 'real' camera to most of these events, I barely used it. Instead, I used the phone to snap about a billion photos of my 3-year-old son, my 9-month-old daughter, my [age redacted] wife and about two billion pictures of myself. (Slide-show night at my house is endless.)
有一天,我意识到了一件有趣的事:尽管我带着一部“真正”的照相机参加了大部分这类活动,但几乎没有用到,反而是用手机为我三岁的儿子和九个月大的女儿抓拍了大量照片,还为我太太(经过修片)和我自己拍了数不清的照片。(晚上看照片时几乎看都看不完。)

Lost in the hype and hubbub around the 5s's gold option or fingerprint sensor is that it marks a turning point in camera phones. There was a time when it would have been crazy to suggest that a phone camera would ever approach the speed and quality of a stand-alone camera. Now, that day is over.
在iPhone 5s的土豪金颜色选择或指纹识别功能引发的喧哗骚动之外,人们没有意识到这款手机是拍照手机的一个转折点。过去,如果有人说手机摄像头会达到照相机的速度和成像质量,人们会认为这是一种疯狂的想法。而如今,人们已不再这样想了。

Sales of point-and-shoot cameras have been declining for years and, according to research firm IDC last week, sales of more expensive SLRs are also set to plummet. That makes sense. Today, taking a picture with a phone simply isn't a subpar experience. For most people, most of the time, a phone is all you need.
多年来傻瓜相机的销量一直在下滑,据研究公司国际数据公司(IDC)上周说,更加昂贵的单反相机的销量也将下滑。这是合情合理的。现在,用手机拍照不再是一种次优选择。对大部分人来说,大部分时间一部手机就能满足你的一切拍照需要。

What the phone did to the camera isn't an isolated incident. The story behind the death of the stand-alone camera is a history of the future of almost everything.
手机给照相机带来的影响并非孤立事件。照相机之死背后的故事可以说是一切事物未来的缩影。

The iPhone 5s's triumph over the camera offers a lesson in how smartphones and tablets will co-opt most other devices in our lives, from PCs to videogame systems to even our wallets and our keys.
iPhone 5s对照相机的大获成功使我们认识到:智能手机和平板电脑将如何把其他大部分设备挤出我们的生活,从个人电脑到视频游戏系统,甚至是我们的钱包和钥匙。

Right now, all this might sound impossible. Just wait.
眼下,所有这一切听起来似乎都是不可能的事。但且慢。

First, about the 5s in particular: What I like best is its 'burst mode, ' which can take 10 shots a second, thereby eliminating shutter lag.
首先,尤其是就iPhone 5s而言:我最喜欢的是其“连拍模式”,在这种模式下,使用者可以在一秒钟内拍摄10张照片,进而消除了快门时滞的问题。

The camera's pictures are also fantastic, especially in low light. (Apple improved the phone's image sensor to make this possible). As a result, the 5s is the fastest, best phone camera I've ever used -- even better than Nokia Corp.'s 41-megapixel Lumia 1020.
照相机的成像质量也非常棒,特别是在光线较暗的拍摄条件下。(这是因为苹果改进了iPhone 5s的图像传感器)。iPhone 5s是我所用过的最快、最好的手机摄像头,甚至比诺基亚(Nokia Corp.) 4,100万像素的Lumia 1020还要好。

The 5s is far better than my point-and-shoot, and because it lets me edit and share my pictures, it is often superior to my expensive, interchangeable-lens SLR (whose battery I haven't had reason to charge in weeks).
iPhone 5s比我的卡片相机好多了。而且,由于iPhone 5s还让我可以编辑和分享照片,这部手机还常常替代了我价格更高的可换镜头单反相机——数周来我都没有找到给这台单反相机充电的理由。

I don't mean to suggest Apple has a camera monopoly here. Though the 5s is ahead now, I suspect most other high-end phones will soon catch up with Apple's device. But I can't see how dedicated cameras can beat smartphones now.
我并不是说苹果公司在相机市场占据了垄断地位。虽然iPhone 5s目前处于领先位置,我猜测大多数其他高端手机很快就能赶上苹果的设备。但我却无法看到目前相机何以能赶超智能手机。

Sure, big cameras with zoom lenses will always be useful for professional or semipro photographers, or for times (like at sporting events) when you are far from the action. Yet there are several reasons why smartphones often beat conventional cameras. Phones are small and nearly ubiquitous -- you're more likely to be carrying a phone than you are to be carrying a camera or anything else.
诚然,对于专业和半专业的摄影师来说,拥有变焦镜头的大相机总是有用的。而且,在诸如运动会等场合,如果你距离拍摄对象很远,这些相机也是很有帮助的。不过,仍有一些原因可以解释智能手机为何可以经常取代传统相机。手机体积不大,而且广泛普及。你随身携带手机的可能性比你携带相机或其他物品的可能性都要大。

According to tests by the review site AnandTech, the iPhone 5s's processor is 100 times as fast as that of the original iPhone, a speed gain that surpasses most other parts of the tech business.
据评测网站AnandTech说,iPhone 5s的处理器比最初的iPhone快100倍。这一变化速度超过了大多数其他科技领域。

Finally and most importantly, smartphones are connected to the Internet, and they run software that can be constantly improved and augmented.
最后也是最重要的一点,智能手机可以连接互联网。它们运行的软件可以经常更新和改进。

Cameras and most other gadgets, by contrast, are offline, and their software is often static.
相比之下,相机和大多数其他设备都无法接入网络,而且它们的软件通常是一成不变的。

It's no wonder that the most important innovations in photography over the past few years -- things like Instagram and Vine -- happened on the phone, not on cameras.
这也难怪过去数年摄影领域最重大的创新都出现在手机上而不是相机上,比如应用软件Instagram和Vine。

What other gadgets are similarly vulnerable to the march of smartphones and tablets?
还有什么其他设备也容易受到智能手机和平板电脑的侵蚀呢?

Portable videogame systems seem doomed. Soon you will be able to connect game controllers to your iPhone that -- given the popularity of Apple's App Store with game developers -- will undercut the main reason to buy a dedicated games device.
移动视频游戏系统似乎前景黯淡。很快你就可以让游戏控制器与你的iPhone相连,鉴于苹果公司的应用软件商店App Store颇受游戏开发商欢迎,专门购买一个游戏设备的主要理由将不复存在。

I'm also quite optimistic that phones will one day replace our wallets.
我还很乐观地认为,手机有一天将代替我们的钱包。

And, really, I don't see how laptops survive the onslaught either. Today, tablets like Microsoft's Surface are close enough to replicating PCs.
此外,我认为笔记本电脑可能也难逃一劫。现如今,像微软(Microsoft)旗下Surface这样的平板电脑已经接近能代替个人电脑了。

At the rate that mobile processors are improving, it won't be long until our tablets become replacements for 90% of what we use computers for today, and will give us astonishing battery life and portability too.
从移动处理器的发展速度来看,用不了多久,我们现在使用个人电脑做的事情有90%都可以在平板电脑上完成。不仅如此,平板电脑还有更长的电池寿命并具备便携性。

Some readers might not believe this. But nobody believed smartphones would run cameras out of town, either. The lesson, here, is to never underestimate how greedy mobile devices are: As much as they do for us now, they will always keep trying to do more.
一些读者可能不相信这些。但之前也没有人相信智能手机会挤占相机的地盘。应该从中吸取的教训是,永远不要低估移动设备的野心:虽然移动设备目前能为我们做很多事情,它们还会一直尝试做更多事情。

Today your phone is your camera, game console, TV, music player, e-book reader, alarm clock, fitness log and notepad. What's next? Everything.
如今,你的手机同时还是你的相机、游戏机、电视、音乐播放器、电子阅读器、闹钟、健身日志和记事本。接下来呢?它会变成你的一切。

• fitness ['fitnis]video
    n. 健康;适当;适合性
  • zoom [zu:m]video
    n. 急速上升;嗡嗡声;[摄] 变焦摄影vi. 急速上升;摄象机移动vt. 使摄象机移动
  • incentive [in'sentiv]video
    n. 动机;刺激adj. 激励的;刺激的
  • triumph ['traiəmf, -ʌmf]video
    n. 胜利,凯旋;欢欣vi. 获得胜利,成功
  • sensor ['sensə, -sɔ:]video
    n. 传感器
  • insanely [in'seinli]video
    adv. 疯狂地;狂暴地;精神错乱地
  • processor ['prəusesə, 'prɔ-]video
    n. [计] 处理器;处理程序;加工者
  • innovation [,inəu'veiʃən]video
    n. 创新,革新;新方法
  • isolate ['aisəleit, -lit]video
    vt. 使隔离;使孤立;使绝缘n. [生物] 隔离种群vi. 隔离;孤立adj. 隔离的;孤立的
  • shutter ['ʃʌtə]video
    n. 快门;百叶窗;关闭物;遮板vt. 为…装百叶窗;以百叶窗遮闭

本文地址:https://www.eechina.com/thread-123821-1-1.html     【打印本页】

本站部分文章为转载或网友发布,目的在于传递和分享信息,并不代表本网赞同其观点和对其真实性负责;文章版权归原作者及原出处所有,如涉及作品内容、版权和其它问题,我们将根据著作权人的要求,第一时间更正或删除。
1770309616 发表于 2013-11-27 12:25:06
Twitter高新职位大起底

现已公开上市的Twitter公司开出的薪酬很慷慨。非常慷慨。CEO迪克•科斯特罗的2012年年薪虽然仅有20万美元,但如果将股票和期权奖励计算在内,他当年实际上挣了1,150万美元。 “普通”的员工也挣得不错。比如,据报道高级工程师每年可挣174,000至186,000美元。

3.jpg     Twitter公司CEO迪克•科斯特罗去年总共挣了近1,150万美元。

Twitter公司的IPO推进可能比较缓慢,但2,300名员工中的一些人没有丝毫理由可以抱怨。

原因是Twitter的薪酬优厚,没人愿意离开。这是根据Twitter公司最近提交的S-1文件、就业网站Glassdoor.com上雇员自愿匿名披露的信息,以及熟悉这家公司薪酬内情的一位人士的洞察。 实际上,虽然CEO迪克•科斯特罗的2012年年薪仅有20万美元,但如果将股票和期权奖励计算在内,他当年实际上挣了1,150万美元。而且,更为 “普通”的员工差得也不远,至少从底薪上来看是这样的。(比如,据报道高级工程师每年可挣174,000至186,000美元。)对于一家7年前还只是存在于共同创始人大胆想象之中的公司,这个数字可一点也不寒碜。

下面从高到低排列了Twitter的一些最高薪职位。股票和股权奖励是以他们受聘时的价值计算,显然2007年获聘的工程师获得32,000美元的奖励现值已经比2013年入职的人多出了数百万美元。

1.首席执行官(迪克•科斯特罗)*
    基础年薪:200,000美元
    额外股票和期权奖励:1,130万美元

2.工程高级副总裁(克里斯托弗•弗赖伊)*
    基础年薪:145,313美元
    额外股票和股权奖励:1,010万美元

3.全球营收总裁(亚当•贝恩)*
    基础年薪:200,000美元
    额外股票和期权奖励:650万美元

4.销售运营总监**
    年薪:192,000 - 209,000美元
    额外奖励:价值192,000 - 209,000美元的股票和期权,行权价由获聘时间决定

5.高级工程师**
    年薪:174,000 - 186,000美元
    额外奖励:价值52,200 - 93,000美元的股票和期权,行权价由获聘时间决定

6.网站可靠性高级工程师**
    年薪:168,000 - 182,000美元
    额外奖励:价值168,000 - 182,000美元的股票和期权,行权价由获聘时间决定

Twitter's (TWTR) IPO may have been low-key, but some of its 2,300 employees have little reason to complain otherwise.

That's because Twitter salaries likely leave few wanting, according to the company's recently-filedS-1 document, anonymous voluntary employee disclosures to the jobs site Glassdoor.com, and insight from someone with intimate familiarity with the company's salaries. Indeed, while CEO Dick Costolo's annual salary for 2012 was $200,000, he actually made $11.5 million for the year factoring in stock and option awards. And more "rank and file" employees aren't too far behind, at least where base salaries are concerned. (To wit, staff engineers can reportedly command somewhere between $174,000 and $186,000 a year.) Hardly shabby for a company that, just seven years ago, remained a figment of its cofounders wildly intrepid imaginations.

Here's a look at some of the top paid Twitter job positions in descending order. Stock and option awards are the value they would have been at the time of hire, though obviously, the engineer hired in 2007 with a $32,000 award is now sitting on millions of dollars more than their 2013 counterpart.

1.) Chief Executive Officer (Dick Costolo)*
    Annual base salary: $200,000
    Additional stock and option awards: $11.3 million

2.) Senior Vice President of Engineering (Christopher Fry)*
    Annual base salary: $145,313
    Additional stock and option awards: $10.1 million

3.) President of Global Revenue (Adam Bain)*
    Annual base salary: $200,000
    Additional stock and option awards : $6.5 million

4.) Director Sales Operations**
    Annual salary: $192,000 - $209,000
    Additional awards: $192,000 - $209,000 worth of stock and options at a strike price determined at time of hire

5.) Staff Engineer**
    Annual salary: $174,000 - $186,000
    Additional awards : $52,200 - $93,000 worth of stock and options at a strike price determined at time of hire

6.) Senior Managing Site Reliability Engineering**
    Annual salary: $168,000 - $182,000
    Additional awards: $168,000 - $182,000 worth of stock and options at a strike price determined at time of hire

7.业务开发**
    年薪:158,000 - 170,000美元
    额外奖励:价值47,400 - 85,000美元的股票和期权,行权价由获聘时间决定

8.软件工程经理**
    年薪:159,000 - 172,000美元价值47,700 - 86,000美元的股票和期权,行权价由获聘时间决定

9.产品营销经理**
    年薪:155,000 - 168,000美元
    额外奖励:价值46,500 - 84,000美元的股票和期权,行权价由获聘时间决定

10.高级软件工程师**
    年薪:120,000 - 150,000美元
    额外奖励:价值36,000 - 75,000美元的股票和期权,行权价由获聘时间决定

*Twitter提交的S-1文件披露的信息。

**基础年薪信息来自Glassdoor.com,高级软件工程师除外。额外股票和期权奖励的价值根据了解该公司薪酬内情的一位人士提供的计算公式计算得出。这位消息人士还提供了高级软件工程师的薪酬区间。计算结果同样适用于Twitter过去聘用的人员。(财富中文网)

7.) Business Development**
    Annual salary: $158,000 - $170,000
    Additional awards: $47,400 - $85,000 worth of stock and options at a strike price determined at time of hire

8.) Software Engineer Manager**
    Annual salary: $159,000 - $172,000
    Additional awards: $47,700 - $86,000 worth of stock and options at a strike price determined at time of hire

9.) Product Marketing Manager**
    Annual salary: $155,000 - $168,000
    Additional awards : $46,500 - $84,000 worth of stock and options at a strike price determined at time of hire

10.) Staff Software Engineer**
    Annual salary: $120,000 - $150,000
    Additional awards : $36,000 - $75,000 worth of stock and options at a strike price determined at time of hire

*Information disclosed in Twitter's S-1 filing.

**Annual base salaries via Glassdoor.com, except Staff Software Engineer. Additional stock and option awards calculation based on an equation provided from someone with intimate familiarity with the company's salaries. That same source also provided salary information on Staff Software Engineer salary range. Calculations apply to previous Twitter hires.

1770309616 发表于 2013-11-27 12:28:32
高盛CEO:金融危机让我认清自
2008年金融危机期间,高盛公司因为做空住房按揭业务备受指责,还遭到了监管部门的调查。回首往事,公司CEO劳埃德•布莱克费恩表示,2008年的金融危机和后续的影响曾让他考虑退出,但最终还是坚持了下来,结果发现危机让他变得比以前更优秀,更能承受压力。

1.png

劳埃德•布莱克费恩表示,金融危机对他而言是个人成长的一个阶段。

当时,几百万美国人的抵押资产面临丧失赎回权。还有更多更多的人丢掉了饭碗。布莱克费恩不得不面对公众对高盛公司的尖锐批评。

这位高盛(Goldman Sachs)CEO在周二的一次行业会议上表示,有过好几次他都考虑是否退出。现在,他很高兴他没那么做。

“你们很了解我和我的公司,”布莱克费恩告诉与会的华尔街人士。“但我对我自己更了解。我知道,我比自己想象的更有承受力。

布莱克费恩还表示,金融危机“有些像是”为收入不均敲响的“警钟”。他说,这是件好事。“美国在创造财富方面做得非常出色,但在分配方面不行。”布莱克费恩说。“但我不想做抑制我们创造财富能力的事情。”

布莱克费恩对高盛在金融危机前进行的复杂的抵押债交易表达了歉意。这些交易为高盛赚了130亿美元,但公司的声誉却因此受到了损害。这些交易还导致美国地方政府和纳税人蒙受了损失。

很多人都认为,这些交易加剧了本轮金融危机造成的经济损失。高盛最终同意支付5.50亿美元就这些指控达成和解。

2009年,布莱克费恩的全年薪酬减少到了900万美元,大大低于前一年的6,850万美元。如今他的薪酬已经回升。过去的3年中,他获得了5,100万美元的薪酬。本月早些时候,美国人口调查局(Census Bureau)称, 美国的贫困人口比率停滞在16%,约有4,700万贫困人口。

周二,布莱克费恩还表示,他希望2009年的时候,他和他的同事能更好地预见到对高盛的种种批评,在指责发生时能更迅速地做出回应。2009年末,布莱克费恩告诉一位记者称,他只是一名银行家,不过是“在做上帝的工作”。现在清楚了,这句引语被断章取义了。布莱克费恩看起来是在开玩笑。不过它在当时引起了市场的一片哗然。

布莱克费恩不是第一位宣称金融危机让自己变得更好的华尔街人士。3月份,前雷曼兄弟(Lehman Brothers)首席财务官艾琳•卡兰在《纽约时报》(New York Times)上刊登了一篇专栏文章称,金融危机让她意识到生活不仅仅是工作。她说,她现在意识到,有权势的工作以及随之而来的财富总是要付出一些代价。的确如此。(财富中文网)

Lloyd Blankfein says the financial crisis was, for him, a period of personal growth.

Millions of Americas were facing foreclosure. Many, many more lost their jobs. Blankfein had to face stinging public criticism of his firm.

The Goldman Sachs CEO, speaking at an industry conference on Tuesday, said there were times he thought about quitting. Now he's glad he didn't.

"You learned a lot about me and my firm," Blankfein told the audience of fellow Wall Streeters. "But I found out a lot of stuff about me, too. I learned that I have much thicker skin than I thought."

Blankfein also said that the financial crisis led to a "bit of a wake-up call" about income inequality. He said that was a good thing. "This country does a great job of creating wealth, but not a great of distributing it," said Blankfein. "But I don't want to do something that stops our ability to build wealth."

Blankfein expressed regret about the complicated mortgage trades his firm did in the run-up to the financial crisis. The transactions made Goldman (GS) as much as $13 billion, but they damaged the firm's reputation. They also led to losses for local governments and taxpayers around the country.

Many have also said that deals exacerbated the economic damage of the financial crisis.Goldman eventually agreed to pay a $550 million fine to settle charges.

Blankfein's annual compensation dropped to $9 million in 2009, from $68.5 million the year before. But his compensation has rebounded. He's been paid $51 million in the past three years. Earlier this month, the Census Bureau said the nation's poverty rate was stuck at 16%, or 47 million people.

On Tuesday, Blankfein also said he wishes he and his colleagues had done a better job back in 2009 of anticipating the criticism of Goldman, and reacting quicker when it came. In late 2009, Blankfein told a reporter that he was just a banker "doing God's work." It's clear now that the quote was taken out of context. Blankfein appears to have been making a joke. It did not go over well.

Blankfein is not the first Wall Streeter to credit the financial crisis with making them a better person. Back in March, Erin Callan, the former CFO of Lehman Brothers, wrote in a New York Times op-ed that the financial crisis led her to the realization that there is more to life than work. She says she now realizes that powerful jobs, and the wealth that comes with them, do not come without a cost. Indeed.

上网去溜溜 发表于 2013-12-3 09:32:55
呵呵!有点像托写的文章!!!
您需要登录后才可以发表评论 登录 | 立即注册

厂商推荐

相关视频

关于我们  -  服务条款  -  使用指南  -  站点地图  -  友情链接  -  联系我们
电子工程网 © 版权所有   京ICP备16069177号 | 京公网安备11010502021702
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表