[英汉互译] 奥巴马和亚洲套近乎

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-11-14 18:05:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
关键词: 奥巴马 , 套近乎 , 亚洲
Obama Says U.S. Seeks to Build Stronger Ties to China
纽约时报最新报道:奥巴马称美国寻求与中国建立更紧密关系

By HELENE COOPER and MARTIN FACKLER
Published: November 13, 2009

TOKYO — The United States is not threatened by a rising China, President Obama said Saturday, but will seek to strengthen its ties with Beijing even as it maintains close ties with traditional allies like Japan.

东京消息 — 奥巴马总统周六称,美国不惧怕崛起的中国,而要与中国加强关系,虽然美国要和传统的盟友如日本保持紧密关系。

In a wide-ranging speech on his first trip to Asia as president, Mr. Obama drew on his own background to reassure the people of the fast-growing continent that even as the United States seemed preoccupied with conflicts in the Middle East and other regions, it was increasingly “a nation of the Pacific.”

在第一次访问亚洲的一系列演讲中,奥巴马先生以自己的背景向这个快速发展大陆上的人民表明,虽然美国似乎专注于中东和其他地区的冲突,但它已经越来越是个“太平洋国家”。

“I know there are many who question how the United States perceives China’s emergence,” Mr. Obama told an audience in Tokyo’s Suntory Hall. But he added, “In an interconnected world, power does not need to be a zero-sum game, and nations need not fear the success of another.”

“我知道许多人对美国如何看待中国的上升有疑问”,奥巴马说,“在一个相互联系的世界里,权力不是一个零和游戏,各个国家必不害怕其他国家的成功。”

Declaring himself “America’s first Pacific president” (a description that somehow ignored Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan, two Californians), Mr. Obama previewed many of the themes that will shadow him during his weeklong trip, which will also include stops in Singapore, Shanghai, Beijing and Seoul.

奥巴马先生称自己是“美国的第一位太平洋总统”(这个描述有点忽略尼克松和里根两位加州人),他概述了这次访问将谈到的诸多议题。此行他还将访问新加坡、上海、北京和首尔。

He called on North Korea to return to talks aimed at reining in its nuclear weapons program or face even greater isolation; he urged the military government in Myanmar to release the leader of the country’s beleaguered democracy movement, Daw Aung San Suu Kyi (although he mispronounced her name); and he pledged to “never waver in speaking for the fundamental values that we hold dear.”

But at every turn of his address, Mr. Obama projected a more conciliatory America, which is trying to break from the past. On Myanmar, for example, he pledged that he would “be the first American leader to meet with all 10 Asean leaders.” Mr. Obama will be at the table in Singapore on Sunday with the leaders of Myanmar and the other countries that make up the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, an economic group.

And while Mr. Obama spoke at length about human rights, he never connected the pursuit of such rights specifically to China and Tibet, where Beijing-backed authorities have clamped down on religious freedom. Instead, Mr. Obama, clearly seeking to avoid alienating Beijing on the eve of his inaugural visit to China, struck broader themes, saying that “supporting human rights provides lasting security that cannot be purchased any other way.”

As he has on many of his trips abroad, Mr. Obama painted a picture of an America willing to learn from its mistakes. In particular, he said, the United States and Asia must grow out of the imbalance of American consumerism and Asian reliance on the United States as an export market, a cycle he called imbalanced.

像以前他多次出访一样,奥巴马描述了美国愿意从错误中吸取教训的图画。他尤其说,美国和亚洲必须从一个不平衡的圈子中走出来,也就是美国的消费主义和亚洲国家对美国这个出口市场的依赖。

“One of the important lessons this recession has taught us is the limits of depending primarily on American consumers and Asian exports to drive growth,” he said. “We have now reached one of those rare inflection points in history where we have the opportunity to take a different path.”

Mr. Obama seemed to speak directly to the new Japanese government’s efforts to build a tighter Asian economic sphere, and used his own history to deliver the message: Don’t exclude the United States.

针对新一届日本政府要建立一个更紧密的亚洲经济圈的努力,奥巴马先生似乎用自己的历史直言:不要把美国排除在外。

“My own life is part of that story,” he said. “I am an American president who was born in Hawaii and lived in Indonesia as a boy. My sister Maya was born in Jakarta and later married a Chinese-Canadian. My mother spent nearly a decade working in the villages of Southeast Asia, helping women buy a sewing machine or an education that might give them a foothold in the world economy.”

“我自己的生命是那个历史的一部分”,他说。“我这个美国总统生于夏威夷,童年在印度尼西亚度过。我姐姐Maya生于雅加达,后来嫁给一个中加混血儿。我目前几乎在东南亚的村庄里度过了整整十年,帮助那里的妇女购买缝纫机或受教育,使她们在世界经济里能有个立足之地。”

“So,” he added, “the Pacific rim has helped shape my view of the world.” He even spoke of his first trip to Japan as a boy—“As a child, I was more focused on the matcha ice cream,” he said.

“所以”,他说,“太平洋圈子影响了我的世界观。”他甚至提到孩童时第一次到日本的情形。“作为一个孩子,我对抹茶冰激凌更感兴趣”,他说。

That drew laughs from the audience, which gave him a standing ovation both before and after his speech.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-11-14 18:15:30 | 显示全部楼层
感觉美国很怕被亚洲甩掉。关于亚洲经济圈,美国有理由担心。如果日本真的和中韩等亚洲国家搞到一起,那么美国的影响会大大削弱,亚洲将成为全球最大的实体,与欧盟、美国并驾齐驱。

如果我是美国总统,我首先要试图搞黄这个联盟。如果不能,那就由我领导这个联盟。如果还不能,那就加入这个联盟并影响他。总之不能坐视不管。

日本是最好的切入口。首先,日本是一个强大的经济体,地位举足轻重。其次,日本和中国都想成为领袖,这个冲突可以利用。再次,日本和亚洲其他国家存在芥蒂,容易离间。再再次,日本受制于美国,容易入手。

不论如何,看来亚洲的地位确实是上升了。西方最强大国家的总统如此与我们套近乎(甚至破天荒地避谈中国的rq问题),这还是从来没有过的。
发表于 2009-11-14 20:27:43 | 显示全部楼层
呵呵,现在美国不过是个周期性的低谷而已,当年尼克松来中国访问的时候,估计也有很多人有类似言论吧

只是当时不是美国怕中国强大起来了,是因为美国当时有点四面楚歌的意思
 楼主| 发表于 2009-11-14 20:59:43 | 显示全部楼层
这个类比有点意思。不过尼克松那个时候,大家都知道美国来套近乎是为了对付苏联,人家苏联才是真牛。现在美国来讨好亚洲就是为了亚洲
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关于我们  -  服务条款  -  使用指南  -  站点地图  -  友情链接  -  联系我们
电子工程网 © 版权所有   京ICP备16069177号 | 京公网安备11010502021702
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表