“闪辞”那些事儿

发布时间:2013-12-1 11:04    发布者:1770309616
关键词: 闪辞
Suggestions for those "quit soon"“闪辞”那些事儿
Despite her parents’ objection, Huang Tianming quit her job at a Beijing-based exhibition company. The 23-year-old didn’t even say goodbye to her colleagues because she was there for less than two weeks. After a difficult time job-hunting, quitting a job seemed a lot easier.
黄天明(音译)不顾父母的反对,辞去了她在北京一家会展公司的工作。23岁的她甚至都没有和同事们道别,因为她在那里工作还不到两周时间。在挺过了求职难关过后,辞职似乎是小菜一碟。

There are many graduates just like Huang who struggle to find a job, yet quit soon after starting one. They may have their reasons, but professionals advise them to think more carefully about their career.
有很多毕业生和黄天明一样,费劲力气找到工作,但很快又闪辞。尽管他们这样做可能各有各的理由,但专业人士提醒这些“闪辞族”对待职业需三思。

‘No’ to computers
对电脑说“不”

Having graduated from an overseas university, Huang entered the job market feeling confident. “I have a master’s degree in communication studies, so I thought I could get a decent job at any media company, ” she says. But the reality was harsh. After two months of job-hunting, a private exhibition company offered her a job. With no other options, she accepted.
作为一名海归,黄天明在求职时胸有成竹。她说:“我拥有传播学硕士学位,因此我曾以为自己能在任何一家媒体求得一份体面工作。”而现实是残酷的。在找了两个月的工作之后,只有一家私营会展公司向她抛出橄榄枝。她别无选择,只好接受了这份工作。

Contrary to Huang’s expectations, her job was neither related to exhibitions nor communication. Instead, she sat in front of a computer all day long, checking and managing files.
出乎黄天明意料,她的工作与展览和传播毫无关系,而是整天坐在电脑前,检查整理文件。

“After my first day at work, my eyesight was blurry, ” she says. On the following days, she was assigned to do more paperwork, which was boring and tiring for Huang.
她说:“第一天下班之后,我眼前一片模糊。”接下来的几天,公司分配给她更多的文书工作。对于黄天明来说,这种工作既枯燥又累人。

“I quit this job soon because the paperwork and computer were driving me crazy. I don’t know what I want to do, but I hope next time I can find a job that doesn’t involve computers, ” Huang says.
黄天明说:“我选择闪辞,是因为实在受不了整天对着电脑做文书工作。我不知道自己想做什么,但是我希望下一份工作可以远离电脑。”

Jumping from one job to the next
“跳早族”

Compared with Huang, who has no idea what to do with her career, Zhang Xiaowan is a more determined graduate. The 24-year-old graduate from Beijing Institute of Graphic Communication decided to do design work from the very beginning. But her career path wasn’t smooth either –she changed jobs four times in one year.
与黄天明在职场上的不知所措不同,应届毕业生张晓婉(音译)则显得更加坚决。24岁的她从北京印刷学院毕业后,便决意要入行做设计。但是她的职业生涯也不顺畅,一年内换了四份工作。

Her first job was as a page designer at a fashion magazine. The work demanded a lot of professional techniques and as Zhang was a rookie, she couldn’t handle the stress. Two months later, she quit. Her second job was with a health magazine. She left after three months as she felt like no one would read the magazine. It was a frustrating feeling.
她的第一份工作是给一家时尚杂志社做网页设计。这份工作对于专业技能的要求很高,而作为一名新手,她无法承受压力。两个月后她辞职了。她的第二个东家则是一家健康杂志。因为感觉该杂志读者寥寥无几,入职三个月后她便选择离开。感觉十分沮丧。

Zhang got her third job at an instrument shop. At first, she thought the position was perfect for her. But when the company assigned a new boss to her, she decided to quit. “My new boss made things difficult for me. He gave me work that I could never finish, ” she says.
张晓婉的第三份工作是在一家乐器行供职。最初她认为该职位十分适合自己。但是公司换了新老板之后,她决定辞职。她说:“我的新老板经常给我出难题,他安排的工作就如同不可能完成的任务一般。”

Now, Zhang works as a page designer at an educational newspaper. She’s not sure how long this job will last.
现在,张晓婉在一家教育类报纸做网页设计,她也不确定这份工作自己会做多久。

Plan your career, but adapt to any requirements on the way.
注重职业规划,但要适应职场需求

Huang and Zhang’s experiences aren’t unusual. According to data released by education consulting firm MyCOS, 33 percent of graduates in 2012 quit their job in the first half-year.
黄天明和张晓婉的经历并不少见。根据教育咨询公司麦可思公布的数据显示,2012年,33%的毕业生入职不到半年便选择辞职。

Their reasons vary, but Jia Dongmei, HR supervisor at BTG Hotels Group believes that the main reason for quitting jobs early is a lack of career planning.
虽然辞职原因各异,但是北京首旅酒店集团人力资源总监贾冬梅认为,闪辞的主要原因是缺乏职业规划。

“Most students have the idea of finding a decent and promising job. They expect to become a white collar, ” says Jia. “But being a white collar isn’t a job. They need to have a clear idea of what job they want to do and in which industry.”
贾冬梅表示:“大多数学生想要找一份体面而有前途的工作。他们想要成为白领。但是白领并非一种工作。他们应该对自己想从事的工作和行业有个清晰认识。”

Li Ling, a senior consultant at the China International Talent Development Center, holds the same view.
中国国际人才开发中心高级顾问李玲(音译)也持相同观点。

She believes that apart from making career plans, graduates should be professional. “Doing a job is like playing a role. Graduates must fit their role –adapt themselves to the requirements of the job - before they are valuable to the company, ” she says.
她认为毕业生不仅要做好职业规划,更要具备专业素养。她说:“做一份工作就如同扮演一个角色。大学毕业生们必须要扮好自己的角色——努力适应工作的要求,这样才能对公司有价值。”

• educational[,edju:'keiʃənəl]video
    adj. 教育的;有教育意义的
  • decent['di:sənt]video
    adj. 正派的;得体的;相当好的
  • assign[ə'sain]video
    vt. 分配;指派;[计][数] 赋值vi. 将财产过户(尤指过户给债权人)
  • supervisor['sju:pəvaizə]video
    n. 监督人,[管理] 管理人;检查员
  • consultant[kən'sʌltənt]video
    n. 顾问;咨询者;会诊医生
  • harsh[hɑ:ʃ]video
    adj. 严厉的;严酷的;刺耳的;粗糙的;刺目的
  • rookie['ruki]video
    n. 新手

本文地址:https://www.eechina.com/thread-124047-1-1.html     【打印本页】

本站部分文章为转载或网友发布,目的在于传递和分享信息,并不代表本网赞同其观点和对其真实性负责;文章版权归原作者及原出处所有,如涉及作品内容、版权和其它问题,我们将根据著作权人的要求,第一时间更正或删除。
您需要登录后才可以发表评论 登录 | 立即注册

厂商推荐

关于我们  -  服务条款  -  使用指南  -  站点地图  -  友情链接  -  联系我们
电子工程网 © 版权所有   京ICP备16069177号 | 京公网安备11010502021702
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表