NXP TDF8554J I2C总线控制4x45W音频功率放大方案

发布时间:2011-9-24 22:55    发布者:1046235000
关键词: I2C , NXP , TDF8554J , 音频
NXP公司的TDF8554J 是集成了多个电压稳压器和两个功率开关的I2C总线控制的4x45W音频功率放大器.放大器采用基于SOI的BCD工艺,采用互补的DMOS输出级,具有大输出信号和完美的声音质量.器件工作电压可低至6V,I2C总线模式(3.3V和5V兼容),能驱动2欧姆或4欧姆负载,扬声器故障检测,可编程增益 (26 dB和16 dB),主要用在汽车音频系统.本文介绍了TDF8554J 主要特性和优势,方框图, 地线损耗和VP损耗测量电路图,以及测量和应用电路图与PCB元件布局图.

The TDF8554J is one of a new generation of complementary quad Bridge-Tied Load (BTL) audio power amplifiers with full I2C-bus controlled diagnostics, multiple voltage regulator and two power switches intended for automotive applications.

The TDF8554J can operate at a battery voltage as low as 6 V making this amplifier suitable for stop/start-car operation. The amplifier uses a complementary DMOS output stage in a Silicon-On-Insulator (SOI)-based BCD process. The DMOS output stage ensures a high power output signal with perfect sound quality. The SOI-based BCD process ensures a robust amplifier, where latch-up cannot occur, with good separation between the four independent channels with every component isolated and without substrate currents.

The multiple voltage regulator comprises four programmable voltage regulators, one standby regulator and two power switches.

The TDF8554J is soft- and hardware downwards-compatible with its predecessor TDA8589XJ.

The TDF8554J includes features, such as selectable undervoltage for stop/start-cars which can be selected with additional I2C-bus instruction bytes. If these additional bytes are not sent, the TDF8554J has the same functionality as its predecessor IPAS TDA8589XJ.

TDF8554J 主要特性和优势:

 Amplifier

 Stop/start-car prepared: keeps operating without audible disturbance during engine start at a battery voltage as low as 6 V

 I2C-bus mode (3.3 V and 5 V compliant)

 Can drive 2 ohm or 4ohm loads

 Speaker fault detection

 Start-up diagnostics with load detection: open, short, present; filtered for door-slam and chatter relays

 AC load (tweeter) detection with low and high current mode

 Gain select after start-up without audible disturbance

 Programmable gain (26 dB and 16 dB), independently programmable for the front and rear channels

 Line driver mode (16 dB and mid-tap voltage 0.25VP for stop/start-cars)

 Programmable clip detection: 2 %, 5 % or 10 %

 Programmable thermal pre-warning

 If the temperature protection of the regulator is activated, the amplifier is muted before the regulator is switched off

 Loss of ground and open VP safe (with 150 m series impedance and a maximum supply decoupling capacitor of 2200 F)

 All amplifier outputs short-circuit proof to ground, supply voltage and across the load (channel independent)

 All pins short-circuit proof to ground

 Temperature-controlled gain reduction to prevent audio holes at high junction Temperatures

 Programmable low battery voltage detection to enable 7.5 V or 6 V minimum battery voltage operation

 Overvoltage protection (load-dump safe up to VP = 50 V) and overvoltage pre-warning at 16 V

 Offset detection

 Multiple regulator

 Good stability for any regulator with almost any output capacitor

 Five voltage regulators (microcontroller, display, audio processor, mechanical digital and mechanical drive)

 I2C-bus controlled

 Selectable output voltages for regulators 1, 4 and 5

 Low dropout voltage PNP output stages

 High supply voltage ripple rejection

 Low noise for all regulators

 Two power switches (antenna switch and amplifier switch)

 Standby regulator (microcontroller supply) operational during load dump and thermal shut-down

 Low standby quiescent current (only regulator 2 operational)

 Backup functionality for regulator 2

 Protection

 If connection to the battery voltage is reversed, all regulator voltages will be zero

 Able to withstand output voltages up to 18 V if supply line is short-circuited

 Thermal protection to avoid thermal breakdown

 Load-dump protection

 Regulator outputs protected from DC short-circuit to ground or to supply voltage

 All regulators protected by foldback current limiting

 Power switches protected from loss-of-ground
20110922100232578.gif
图1. TDF8554J方框图
2011092210023221.gif
图2. TDF8554J地线损耗测量电路图
20110922100232632.gif
图2. TDF8554J VP损耗测量电路图
20110922100233662.gif
图4. TDF8554J测量和应用电路图
20110922100235321.gif
图5. TDF8554J PCB元件布局图(顶层)
详情请见:
TDF8554J[1].pdf (597.14 KB)
本文地址:https://www.eechina.com/thread-76936-1-1.html     【打印本页】

本站部分文章为转载或网友发布,目的在于传递和分享信息,并不代表本网赞同其观点和对其真实性负责;文章版权归原作者及原出处所有,如涉及作品内容、版权和其它问题,我们将根据著作权人的要求,第一时间更正或删除。
您需要登录后才可以发表评论 登录 | 立即注册

厂商推荐

相关视频

关于我们  -  服务条款  -  使用指南  -  站点地图  -  友情链接  -  联系我们
电子工程网 © 版权所有   京ICP备16069177号 | 京公网安备11010502021702
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表