查看: 3827|回复: 5

囧420M People In China Have :Internet Access, 99% Use Baidu For Search

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-11-16 16:10:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
关键词: baidu , For , Have , People , Search

Baidu CEO Robin Li made a rare appearance at the Web 2.0 Summit this afternoon and revealed some interesting information on the extent of his company’s reach. “Baidu answers more search queries in China than any other search engine in any other market, including Google in the US.”
This might be one of the many data points supporting why the Baidu stock has more than doubled since January, now at a market cap of 40 billion. That is roughly the size of eBay’s.
“We have a lot of room for growth,” Li said, as 1/3 of China currently has Internet access which boils down to about 420 million people. According to Li 99% of those people use Baidu as their search engine and that number can more than double with growing popularity of mobile phones.
So why Google was not as successful in China? “China is a very different market and Google was not close enough to feel the market.” Li also blames Silicon Valley. The proliferation of VC money poured into the local search market was one of the reasons Google failed to reach market share. Before it redirected its Chinese site to Google Hong Kong, that is.
Interestingly enough, Li himself said he thought about moving Baidu to Hong Kong a year after starting Baidu because of Chinese censorship. Li’s decision to stay has been somewhat vindicated by the fact that Baidu’s revenue has grown by 30 times over the last 5 yrs.
Li also does not regret having turned down offers in the $1.5 to $2 billion range from Google, Yahoo and Microsoft. “I knew Baidu had more potential than 1-2 billion,” Li said.
 楼主| 发表于 2010-11-16 16:13:40 | 显示全部楼层
“空口无凭据部门”中文说明:
李彦宏称,中国的网民数量已经达到4.2亿,其中99%用过百度。他相信百度还有很大的增长空间。在谈到为什么Google没能在中国取得成功时,李回答,中国是一个完全不同的市场,Google未能屈尊去感受市场。他接着谴责硅谷的风险投资商,认为Google退出中国市场的一个原因就是来自投资人的压力。最有趣的部分是,李彦宏透露百度也曾经因为中国的审查制度而考虑搬到香港,但他们坚持了下来,过去5年他们的收入增长了30倍。
发表于 2010-11-18 14:44:58 | 显示全部楼层
I can't agreed with you.at lease i am use google every day.
发表于 2010-11-18 15:22:54 | 显示全部楼层
99%用过百度(不排除他们也使用Google),还是靠谱的。我基本使用Google,但Google常常被河蟹,所以也是百度的用户。
发表于 2010-12-3 12:19:02 | 显示全部楼层
回复3楼Armoric

Same with you.  Always, I can not find out what I need, searching by Baidu.
发表于 2010-12-3 14:40:43 | 显示全部楼层
百度把我们公司旁边的楼租下来了(原来是华为租的),前一阵在装修,现在开始入住了。好像百度新址刚建成没多久啊,这就装不下了。。。看来百度扩张还是挺快的。。。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关于我们  -  服务条款  -  使用指南  -  站点地图  -  友情链接  -  联系我们
电子工程网 © 版权所有   京ICP备16069177号 | 京公网安备11010502021702
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表